10.6.08

A Boracay Summer 2008


A Boracay Summer 2008

Just when I almost gave up on the thought of getting a boracay tan this summer, my dear friend gary invited me to join him instead for his june 5-8 work assignment there. So in 24 hrs, I booked myself a plane ticket and filed for a 2 day leave from work! Hahha if you don’t call that excited I don’t know what!

For once, this particular boracay trip was less toxic. I had all the time for myself and not having to follow any agenda unlike previous trips. This years’ boracay getaway was filled with sun (thank God!!), sand, sea, delicious food, and wonderful company. And im really glad to have achieved my purpose of goin there this year - to continue my annual boracay rendezvous (5 years straight and counting!), getting a tan (thank God I got one at the last stretch of summer 2008), and getting a really good rest.

This trip wouldn’t be complete w/o getting my tan and yeah I got it almost perfectly (so my friends say) compared to last year when I “overcooked” myself and I looked like a “toasted longganisa”. Likewise had my angel wings henna which I didn’t like at all! (see the comparison somewhere in this page from the angel wings I had last year and tell me w/c ones better).





And your trip will never be complete w/o dropping by Jonahs shake resto where I had a cold cold lemon shake to beat the scorching sun that Friday and Saturday afternoon. Food stalls remain aplenty in the island but quite noticeably there have been quite a number of restaurants offering buffet @ only P280!!. gary and I indulged ourselves in one of the restos offering the P280 dinner buffet last Friday nite and food was just so so. Nothing great but then, you wont expect a Circles quality buffet for P280 right? Hehhe…Staying in Station 1s Sitio Waling Waling for the first time was an added treat. The 2 storey 2 bedroom villa was quite magnificent. Thanks Gary!


What a way to end my last nite in boracay by visiting the suite in West Cove resort being used by boxing champ many pacquiao everytime he goes to boracay. Too bad we were not able to go inside his room and take a quick peep so I just had to satisfy myself with sunset shots of myself right outside his room.

For some reasons, theres something about Boracay that makes me wanna go back everytime I can. The Piscean in me perhaps? Being in the island and simply dippin in the clear boracay waters just gives me that peace and tranquility you wont feel anywhere else in manila. My 3 days 2 nights in Boracay was truly well spent. I wouldn’t mind going back again this year if time permits – and hopefully stay in Discovery Shores and try out parasailing for the 1st time? Hehhee

‘til my next boracay tryst…..






2 comments:

Orange76 said...

Those are great pics Jerry!

Iba talaga ang feeling when you're in Boracay. Something about the place is just takes over you and makes you enjoy its beauty and tranquility regardless of its commercial appeal.

Probably next time the group could go there. :)

JERRY said...

ur right ian. yeah it would be really great if the group can be there together....why dont u take the lead and organize?? hehehhe